Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Smoothies Day 5-8 / UPDATE!

I've decided not to continue with the 365 Smoothies.  
Mostly because I just don't have time to write it down and blog every single day.  That and as I'm on day 3 of a 24 day juice fast, just the idea of smoothies is too temping to think about at the moment.  So for those of you that were looking forward to 365 smoothie recipes, I'm sorry.  Then again, I doubt there was anyone out there looking forward to it anyway, Ha!  Let me know if there IS anyone out there truly interested.  

Sorry I haven't posted recipes every day lately.  Sometime that will just happen! You should expect that of me as I do get busy or run out of town for the day.  However I want you to know that I'm actually making these everyday and keeping the recipes in my Kindle Fire my family gave me for Christmas (thank family!!! :)

So... now to the recipes!... 

Day 5 Smoothie, 1-5-13
1 C almond milk
6 dates
1/2 banana
 1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs maca
2 tbs hemp seed
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
pinch sea salt
ice

REVIEW: Can you say Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie? 


Day 6 Smoothie, 1-6-13
2 C almond milk
handful kale
handful young green leafy lettuce mixed
1 c blackberries
2 Tbs honey

REVIEW: Pretty good actually.  Although... there was too much kale.  Less kale and more lettuce next time. 


Day 7 Smoothie, 1-7-13
2 C Ancient Grains milk by Central Market/HEB
5 dates
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp maca
1 tsp lucuma
2 tsp raw cacao
2 tbs hemp seed
ice

REVIEW: Another variation of a Chocolate Smoothie. This is the first time I've tried Ancient Grains milk by HEB.  Usually I make my own nut milk.  Actually anytime I don't refer to the brand then you can safely assume I made my own nut milk. 


Day 8 Smoothie, 1-8-13
2 C Ancient Grains milk by Central Market/HEB
1 heaping C frozen strawberries
1 banana
1 tbs lemon juice
1 heaping tbs maca
3 tbs psyllium husk
1 tsp chia seed
1/2 tsp acai powder
1/4 tsp MSM powder
1/4 tsp Stevia
dash sea salt

REVIEW: Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie. This would have been an awesome smoothie except someone left the salt shaker on the largest opening so my little "dash" was several times more than wanted or expected :(  However, this is a repeat recipe if done correctly and I really like how the chia and psyllium make this smoothie nice and silky smooth. 





No comments: