Thursday, January 3, 2013

365 Smoothies, Days 1, 2 and 3

2013 YEAR OF THE SMOOTHIE

I've decided that this year I'm going to make one smoothie a day.  Everyday. 365 Smoothie recipes to be posted on here over the course of the year.

Most days I make a smoothie anyway but this year I'm going to post the exact recipe what I make and give you my comments on it.  Feel free to make comments on them too if you make them yourselves.  Just keep in mind that I make no guarantees these will be any good.  Although, after five (yes, 5!) years of being at minimum high raw that I've gotten pretty good at making smoothies without hardly thinking twice.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do on the days I juice. We will just see.

Enjoy the Year of Smoothies by Raw Food Cowgirl!

So, to get things started, here are Days 1, 2 and 3 :)

Day 1 Smoothie, 1-1-13
1 1/2 C water
1 Tbs Milk Thistle seed
1 Tbs Chia seed
1/4 tsp Diatamateous Earth
1 tsp psylium husk
1 Tbs Maca
1 tsp Acai
2 bananas
1 1/4 C frozen blueberries
1 Tbs coconut oil
1/4 tsp stevia
Let the water and milk thistle set awhile before blending.  I did not strain because I then added the DE and psylium so I figured it would just all be fiber.

REVIEW: Surprisingly good.  I did need the stevia because it wasn't as sweet as expected.  And it was surprisingly smooth and not gritty. 


Day 2 Smoothie, 1-2-13
2 C water
1 heaping Tbs raw caco
1 heaping tsp maca powder
1 tsp psyllium husk
1/2 tsp Merlins magic elixir
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs flax oil
1 heaping tbs hemp powder
1 c frozen strawberries

REVIEW: The flax oil made it taste a bit yucky! I think my flax oil went bad, lol. 


Day 3 Smoothie, 1-3-13
2 C water
6 medjool dates
1 heaping tsp maca
1 level tsp ashwagandha root powder
1 tsp coconut oil
1 Tbs Garden of Life Perfect Food Green Super Food
1/8 tsp BrainON by E3Live
1 Tbs raw cacao
1 Tbs honey

REVIEW:YUMMY! :)

No comments: